Sunday, May 1, 2016

Who I am

One day I woke up and it was there- staring right back at me. My age. It had creeped up on me like a stalker in the night ( yes a stalker! that's another long story years ago lol). It came at me with silence, and all the challenges behind it - some I wasn't ready to face.  My waist was no longer, My weight up and down, a number 11 stamped between my forehead. My hair thinning out. My skin changing, dryness, ashy skin, sun spots and age spots lurking like a thief in the night stealing me of my youth. 

Devastating challenges that come whether you want them or not. You can't run from age.  Trust me I ran from it once, tried to anyway -when I turned 40. I got on a plane to Miami to hide under my best friend's covers. Hoping it would go away- Only to come back to NYC and face the reality of birthdays to come... Years later I still can't run away -But my solution lately is to learn to run along side it gracefully!

Here is my reason for starting this blog. To be as honest and normal as I possibly can about the years coming at us and riding out those tsunami waves together. I won't knock others but in my experience sometimes I didn't feel the connection when I searched - the OH WOW! The relief of something - Anything in common! Sometimes they were too young OR mature. Some wanted you to spend hundreds of dollars on that serum because behind it all they work at a Dermatologist or Plastic surgery office. I end up feeling left out, disappointed and pissed that it was all a marketing plan and they weren't really looking out for me and my endless search for the fountain of youth. Others made a certain look seem easy when really it was a production and I don't have 2 hours to spend on my face. 


We are living the midlife. We aren't neither young or mature yet. We are lost and being pulled in a tug of war. The struggle is real! LOL!

 I want to blog about real topics- not pretending to be doll perfect and give out advise like I am doing you a favor.  Not who I am-  I want to grow with you- like friends do when they share new found secrets. Anyone who knows me can tell you I have always loved to help my friends when it came to applying makeup ( the little bit I learned on my own) and beauty secrets that have worked for me. I am that friend that won't let you go out on the town without sitting you down first and doing your makeup or telling you whether that top your not sure about compliments you. It's just who I have always been.

 I truly have loved sharing my new founds, and secrets within my circle. Why not make it bigger and reach out to you beautiful souls I may not see or speak to every day?
Today I welcome you with open arms- new friends and old ones alike :) 

Our Ultimate and Inspiring Goal~ To feel like a Goddess, Look like one from the Inside of our Core being All the way to The Outside- Shining, illuminating,Fulfilled, Fascinating and Fierce! 

Together we can and will :)

Love & Happiness!
Anais

No comments:

Post a Comment