But small changes are occurring that need to be addressed before they become problems. Here are some of the most common health shifts women experience:
- Metabolism: Slowing by 2% per decade. I have learned this and struggle to loose 5 damn pounds in a month. BUT I won't give up just because my body is holding on to this damn fat. I will succeed and keep going to have a healthier body and lifestyle. And so will you! POWER of the mind is everything to get what you want.
- Muscle: Down by 6 to 7 pounds from 10 years ago. Ugh the struggles we face. As your Dr what can be done.
- Bone: Dropping by about 1% a year since your mid-30s. Vitamins & Calcium 911 Ladies! I am taking 1 a day vitamins.
- Libido: Declining because of high stress levels and hormonal changes. We are always on the run and wear so many hats at the same time. It happens and is normal.
- Stress: Especially high because of worries about kids, parents, health, career, and finances. And we all know these kids take a big toll on our lives.
- Depression: More likely now than later in life. If You feel a little off emotionally, let your Dr. know. It's important to find someone to vent your life situations to. It's ok everyone has daily struggles. Reach out and do something healthy for your well being. Therapy is a healthy thing for the soul.
- Exercise: Walk, taking the stairs at work instead of the elevator is a big change in your body. Stretch your body in the mornings- reach for stars as you do it. Walk an extra 5 blocks when you can like when you come out of work. Take the long way to the train station.